Here is my addition to Scott McLeoud’s #makeschooldifferent challenge. If you have not read his post, you can find it here.
When it comes to education, we have to stop pretending…
- that a student’s GPA is an indication of their future success
- that students who don’t do homework and pass every quiz and test should still fail a class
- that suspending student’s changes their behavior
- that students learn best listening to lectures while seated at desks in straight rows
- that technology is the best tool for student remediation
Please join that conversation and share your ideas with the #makeschooldifferent hashtag.